Syphon Virtual Webcam
Syphon Virtual Webcam is a free macOS app that receives video from any Syphon capable app and routes it to a virtual web cam, allowing apps that don’t offer Syphon input to receive a Syphon video signal.
To use Syphon Virtual Webcam, simply install the application and double-click it. The first time you use it, you’ll be guided to download an open source virtual webcam driver created for OBS (Open Broadcasting System). After that, simply:
- Ensure your Syphon source is running.
- Select your Syphon source using the popup menu in the main window.
- Start the app that will receive a signal from the virtual webcam
- Choose “OBS Virtual Camera” as the webcam source
- Click the “Mirror” checkbox if you need to flip the image horizontally.
If you don’t see “OBS Virtual Webcam” in the list of webcams, then your app may not be compatible with virtual webcams. Check the list of applications compatible with OBS Virtual Webcam.
We have a short video tutorial that takes you through the entire process.
If you have questions or need help with this plugin, please post them to this thread in our forum.
The full source code is available on our GitHub page.