A simple User Actor that allows a sound file to be selected and then triggered with Keyboard Watcher, MIDI Note, MIDI Control Change, or OSC.
- For MIDI Notes it triggers when sent the specified note at any velocity, so make sure not to send a note off or you’ll double-trigger it.
- For MIDI Control Changes it triggers when sent the specified controller at the specified value.
- For OSC it triggers when a value is sent on the specified channel that is greater than or equal to the specified value (default is 1 so it can be used with buttons that send 1/0).
- If you want it to trigger on value 0 for OSC, you’ll need to open up the User Actor and make sure to change the ‘value1’ input of the Comparator actor to initialize at a value other than zero.
- If you want it to change the mode of the Comparator actor for OSC, you’ll need to open up the User Actor and change it inside the User Actor.
The download also includes a template Isadora Patch with a Scene that contains 18 of the User Actors, with ten of them already set to use keys 1 – 9 and 0.
November 03 2020
June 28 2022
You must be logged in to post a comment.