This user actor is the simplest way to use a Korg nanoKontrol2 midi controller with Isadora.
Works with the default midi mapping that comes pre-installed on the controller.
- Full access to every knob, slider, and set of buttons.
- 2 way communication allows the use of the built-in LED button lighting.
- Place the user actor in your Isadora scene.
- Set the ‘port IN’ and ‘port OUT’ inputs of the user actor to the Midi ports you wish to use.
- Setup Isadora to use the same ports. Open Midi Setup and set the corresponding I/O port numbers to interface the Korg nanoKontrol2.
32bit plugin for Isadora 2
These two plugins allow you to send and receive ArtNet (DMX over Ethernet).
Download the plugins (both MacOS and Windows versions are included)
- In Isadora v2.6 or later, choose Help > Open Plugin Folder > TroikaTronix Actor Plugins to open the external plugins folder on your computer.
- Open the folder for your platform, either Macintosh or Windows
- Drag the contents into the plugins folder you opened above.
- Restart Isadora
- If you are interested in controlling LED strips via ArtNet, please see this tutorial.
The ArtNet Send tutorial file is available to help you learn how to use these actors.