This is a funny but somehtimes usefull User actor:
Sometimes you help people out and write a quick and dirty patch for free so they can test there idea.
But you don’t want them to tour with it and earn money from your work.
Than this actor is perfect. After a set time on all the screens a text will appear. If they still want to use it they will have to contact you to get rid of it.
The midiLearn user actor locks to the first midi signal coming in and shows on the output side what type (control, note on/off) was triggered.
In January 2010 Graham Thorne (aka Skulpture) started with the first MidiLearn actor that simply took the first note ON and locked it to that note. This encouraged me and I expanded its features with a reset function, control detection, switching between note ON and OFF etc. We both hope you have fun with it.
Start a timer or a countdown? Want to see your movie position in seconds?
TimerTool outputs your movie position in seconds and shows it as video or number, you can choose to show the time passed or the time left of the movie.
Or just start a timer with a trigger and output it as movie or number, or do the opposite type in a number in seconds to start a countdown.
A GLSL actor that provides the X and Y uniform variables for a Bezier shape along two points on a diagonal. Original bezier function by Golan Levin and Collaborators. http://www.flong.com/texts/code/shapers_bez/
Original Author @kyndinfo – 2016. Cubic Bezier through two points. http://www.kynd.info
Available at https://thebookofshaders.com/examples/?chapter=05
Adapted for Isadora by Bonemap 2020
Please Donate if You Use This Plugin!
This emulation of the legendary Rutt/Etra Video hardware video synthesizer would not exist except for the creativity of Bill Etra, who passed away in 2016. He was survived by his partner Roz who is disabled, lives on fixed income, has no surviving family to help her. (Learn more about Bill and his partner Roz’s story here.) But, right now, you can make a difference in Roz’s life by making a donation to help support her via the donate button below maintained by the plugin’s creator Vade. Please contribute to the memory of a true pioneer.
The v002 Rutt-Etra plugin by Vade is an emulation of the legendary Rutt/Etra Video hardware video synthesizer created by Bill Etra and Steve Rutt. It modulates the scanlines or points that make up an video stream based on the brightness of the source or of another video stream. The results are beautifullly complex as was the original Rutt Etra. Here’s an example of an eye modulated by the Rutt Etra plugin.
There are quite a few inputs on this plugin, and you should make sure to experiment with them all. But the most important when you’re beginning are as follows:
• draw-mode: controls the method used to draw the modulated image.
• z-extrude: the distanec that the scanlines or points that make up the the original will be modulated based on the brightness of the displace image. (If no video stream is coneccted to the displace input, then the source image is used to displace itself)
• z-translate: How the image is translated towards or away from the 3D camera along the z-axis. The z-translate should generally be negative; otherwise you may not see the image. If you don’t see an image, the first thing to try is to make the z-translate more negative.
• wire frame size: The thickness of the scanlines or points used to render the final image.
• This is a 64-bit plugin for Isadora 3 only. You can get the Isadora 2 version by clicking here.
• Unzip the download and open the folder for your platform (i.e., Macintosh or Windows) • Choose Help > Open Plugin Folder > TroikaTronix Actor Plugins to open the external plugins folder on your computer.
• Drag the plugin to the TroikaTronix Actor Plugins folder opened above
• Restart Isadora 3
The source code for this plugin can be found on GitHub.
Very useful for outputting graphics at actual size by setting the Projectors zoom to match the size of the image in relation to the target stage.
eg: place a small image on a large stage without it being scaled to match, and animate its position with the position inputs of the Projector.
The image shows a 256 x 256 pixel image being placed on a 480 x 270 pixel stage. For pixel perfect scaling the zoom needs to be set to 94.8148
A nice set of freeframeGL effects created by TroikaTronix.
Please read the instructions that come with the download!
A nice set of glsl shader effects created by TroikaTronix.
TT Color Bands
TT Edge Blend
TT Edge Detect
TT False Color
TT Grid Chopper
TT Grid Warp
TT Highlights And Shadows
TT LaPlacian Emboss
TT Polka Dot
TT Psycho Colors
TT RGB Modulation
TT SCE Adjust
TT Sliding Gradient
TT Sorbel Edge Detection
TT TV Lines
TT White Balance
TT XY Luma Gradient
A simple but fun User Actor that RGB fades the output color into the input color.
It features a switch for excluding the alpha value from the fade in cases where you want a consistent opacity.
Use the ‘smoothing’ input to adjust how quickly the RGB fade occurs. 0 = instant, 1= never (default 0.95)