Updated User Interface & Workflow
- Modern, dark theme – great when you don’t want to stand out in a darkened room
- Drag and drop a media file into the main window to automatically import the file and create the modules needed to show or play it.
- Media view is now integrated into the main window, complementing the new drag and drop workflow.
- Customize which inputs or outputs are visible for each module, saving space and tailoring what you see to your specific needs.
- New “Status Bar” provides critical feedback about performance and input/output activity.
New Video Rendering Engine
We’ve substantially improved the video rendering engine for Isadora 2.0 to give you the highest level of performance.
- Isadora now uses AVFoundation on Macintosh and DirectShow on Windows for the excellent playback performance when playing HD clips. (Using AVFoundation, you can play as many as eight 1920×1080 H264 encoded videos on an i7 CPU with an SSD drive.)
- You can still choose to render with Apple’s QuickTime if you like. That means superior interactive control and support for numerous legacy codecs not supported by AVFoundation or DirectShow.
- The rendering engine now runs in a completely separate task, ensuring that all your CPU cores will be used to maximum advantage.
- We’ve added support for VidVox’s HAP Codec which offers excellent video playback performance, especially on Windows.
Isadora 2.0 includes a powerful projection mapping tool called IzzyMap. Whether you are projecting on a massive building or need to precisely map imagery on a theatrical set piece, IzzyMap provides you with substantial new creative options when projecting video imagery – options available in standalone programs costing hundreds of dollars.
Moreover, IzzyMap follows Isadora’s tradition of real-time control: every parameter of the map – right down the angle of one of the Beziér curves in a shape – can be interactively modulated in real time. Need to track set pieces as they move across the stage? IzzyMap offers this exciting new possibility.
- Unlimited, independent projection maps. Just double-click any Projector actor (Isadora’s main video rendering module) to create a new projection mapping.
- Unlimited slices within each map
- Linear or curved slices
- Powerful Composite Mapping Mode allow an unlimited number of points within the slice and the ability to combine multiple slices by adding, subtracting, or inverting them. (Learn more)
- Independent opacity and color overrides for each slice.
Syphon & Spout Support
Isadora 2.0 now supports blazing fast FreeFrameGL plugins that operate on your graphics card (GPU). That means real-time effects on HD video imagery, something that simply isn’t possible when using CPU based effects.
Direct Capture from Blackmagic Devices
Isadora 2.0 adds support for low-latency, high-resolution video input from the entire range of Blackmagic video capture hardware. Because Isadora 2.0 accesses the Blackmagic drivers directly, this new feature provides excellent performance.